1. The material is quite essential when it comes to backpacks so you have to choose the best leather available. Look for thickness and read about the treating methods that were used.
2. The color is more important than you may think. While the right color will provide a classy aspect, it will also ensure that your backpack will look great over the years.
3. Look for the right size for your needs. There is no need for a large backpack if you don’t usually carry around lots of things.
4. Choose the right loading type. Depending on the things you carry often, choose between top loading, panel loading or a hybrid between these two.
5. Be careful with features that may seem minor, but are of great importance. Zippers, pockets and shoulder straps should be easy to use and durable.